Clemente is the proud recipient of a School Improvement Grant from the U.S. Department of Education, awarding us $6 million over 3 years!
Our Freshman On-Track Rate was 94% in 2011-2012, making us one of the top 10 schools in the entire district!
Our Dropout Rate was just 0.6% in 2011-2012, again putting us in the top 10 schools district-wide. So far in 2012-13, we’re down to 0.2%... way to go, Wildcats!
Our Culinary Arts students won the First Place People’s Choice Award for in the “Healthy Snack” category of district competition
Faculty & Staff
Clemente teachers were born in 8 different countries, and have lived in 29 different nations.
Over a quarter of our staff speaks fluent Spanish, and another 6% speak French. Additional languages spoken by our faculty members include: Russian, Urdu, Lakota Sioux, Polish, Tagalog, Bangla, Romanian, Hindi, Twi, and Telugu, with teachers reporting limited proficiency in Hebrew, Korean and German.
70% of our “IB Teachers in Training” hold a master’s degree or higher.
100% of the Administrative Team holds a master’s degree or higher.
Culinary Arts instructor Dan “Chef L” Leszczewicz was the Illinois Restaurant Association Pro-Start Educator of the Year in 2011!
Broadcasting teacher Roger Badesch still works in the industry – catch him on WGN Radio!
Clemente's recreational facilities include an Olympic-styled swimming pool, two indoor gyms, a fully equipped weight room, a baseball field, soccer field, softball field, and two tennis courts.
Art classes are held in 3 spacious art rooms and utilize a kiln, photography dark room, and a Mac Lab for digital imaging.
Music classes are held in one of 3 band rooms, outfitted for choral music, orchestral music, or steel drums.
Science laboratories, located on the 8th floor, enable students to actively investigate their course content by designing and conducting experiments.
Clemente's Student Health Center offers free medical care and counseling services to students.
Career & Technical Education (CTE)
Culinary Arts & Hospitality
Radio & Television Broadcasting
Students may enter CTE programs in their sophomore year, either independently or as part of the future IB Career Certificate program.
- Teachers utilize 34 multimedia carts, 2 mobile SmartBoards, 1 portable laptop cart, and 8 Promethean active rooms in their instruction.
- Classes can meet in any of 6 computer labs.
- Students work on college and scholarship applications in the dedicated postsecondary lab.
- TV Studio Production classes utilize a dedicated iMac lab, filming studio, and control booth.
- Radio Production classes record in a brand-new, professional-grade studio.
- 7 communication systems in the building show school information and news on 55" TV's.
Upgrades coming soon…
- Brand-new computers are being installed in every classroom this summer.
- A fleet of digital and video cameras will be available for students to use for their personal projects.
- A new recording studio will be installed in the library/multimedia center for personal projects and public service announcements.
- Electronic textbooks, novels, and subscriptions will be accessible through the library’s iMac lab or collection of iPads.