MYP Phys Education II (992201R)
MYP physical and health education aims to empower students to un-derstand and appreciate the value of being physically active while developing the motivation for making healthy and informed life choices. To this end, physical and health education courses foster the development of knowledge, skills and attitudes contributing to a balanced and healthy lifestyle. Students engaged in physical and health education will explore a variety of concepts that help foster an awareness of physical development and health perspectives, as well as positive social interaction. Physical activity and health are of central importance to human identity and
global communities, creating meaningful connections among people, nations, cultures and the natural world.
Through physical and health education, students learn to appreciate and respect the ideas of others, and develop effective collaboration and communication skills. This subject area also offers many opportunities to build positive interpersonal relationships that can help students to develop a sense of social responsibility and intercultural understanding. The aims of MYP physical and health education are to encourage and enable students to:
• use inquiry to explore physical and health education concepts
• participate effectively in a variety of contexts
• understand the value of physical activity
• achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle
• collaborate and communicate effectively
• build positive relationships and demonstrate social responsibility
• reflect on their learning experiences.
- Course level Regular
- Semesters 2