College Algebra (458101R)
All high school Math graduation requirements are aligned to the Common Core State Standards and supported with guidance and instructional resources found in the CPS Math Content Framework. Throughout all math courses, students should be given regular opportunities to engage in the Standards for Mathematical Practice below.
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and qualitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Through adequately addressing both the content and practices outlined by the Common Core, students will be speaking and writing about math on a regular basis. Students will be presented with thoughtful questions requiring them to consider multiple solution methods and will be engaged in problems that require a deep level of conceptual understanding to solve. They will be supported in developing strategies to make sense of complex tasks and persevere in solving them. Procedural fluency will be developed within non-routine tasks rather than as isolated skills allowing students to make connections within and between mathematical concepts.
- Course level Regular
- Credits 1
- Semesters 2