Teachers Partner with Discovery Education
On Saturday, January 31st, 19 of Roberto Clemente Community Academy’s amazing teachers became members of the Digital Leadership Corps (DLC) and began a professional development journey to transform their classrooms into the digital age while addressing the Common Core State Standards and the International Baccalaureate pedagogy. These 19 teachers have committed to attend five 8-hour professional development sessions with Discovery Education, receive in-class coaching on implementation of the strategies they are learning, and becoming leaders among their peers in terms of implementing technology in the classroom to fully engage Clemente students in their own learning.
- Develop and nurture teacher-leaders with ongoing professional learning
- Integrate educational technology and digital media into instruction to accelerate the digital transition
- Empower teacher-leaders to design successful teaching strategies and share with peers in a supportive, collaborative Learning Lab environment
- Grow a strong pedagogical practice, enhanced by a variety of tools and resources, that is transferred throughout the school
- Provide students will experience an engaging and dynamic student-centered learning environment
Each teacher who applied to be a part of this cohort will also receive laptops to compliment the SMART boards that they already have in their classrooms, to ensure that they have the necessary resources available to fully implement this exciting change in instructional practice! We are looking forward to seeing our Clemente students fully engaged in their own learning as we move into the digital age of learning.